Why Should I go to an All-Inclusive resort as opposed to a Non All-Inclusive Hotel. All-Inclusive Vacation: is it the right choice for you?
Travelling is always a very fun thing to do especially after a tough work or school period, but the choice of where to go or which hotel to stay at could be a difficult one. Most of the travel advertisement that we see are targeted for All-Inclusive Hotels and Resorts, which means that Drinks, Food and may be some of the activities are part of the hotel price.
This arrangement makes it very convenient, not worry about paying every time you eat or you order a drink at the bar. Also, it’s great because you know up front what your food/drinks cost are and you don’t have to pay for any nasty surprises that may jeopardize your lovely vacation. There are different All Inclusive hotels, some are targeted for couples; others are for singles, and party goers and many for weddings and honeymooners. The All-Inclusive resorts are very popular in places such as Cuba, Dominican Republic and Jamaica where the infrastructure for tourists going out to restaurants and bars outside the resort are limited.
Advantage of Choosing an All-Inclusive Resort:
1) Drinks, Food, Restaurant, nightly entertainment costs are included in the price of your hotel
2) There are no added surprises in terms of extra hidden costs, so this way you can plan and budget your vacation more accurately
3) You are travelling with Kids and family and all the activities, foods, drinks are available and the cost is known well in advance.
4) In terms of Food, the buffet will give you a variety of choices of both local and International food to choose from and you are not restricted to one type of food which you may not like.
5) Free non-motorized water sports, language lessons, dance lessons and kids activities
6) Free Transportation To and From the airport
7) Often a good deal on the airfare package as well
Disadvantages of Choosing an All-Inclusive Resort:
1) If you are not too much into drinking, then you may save more money by staying at a non-inclusive resort.
2) If you are a type of person who likes to taste and enjoy different local food, or experience the local culture, then you may not enjoy spending all your time in an All-Inclusive resort.
3) You may find eating at the same restaurants or buffets for 7 (or more) days rather repetitive and may want to try different variety of food. In this case, the all-inclusive resorts may not be the ideal option for you.
4) If you are into adventures and want to spend the majority of your day outside the resort and spend the night in town exploring different nightly activities, then you will not be in the resort for the entire day and you will just be sleeping there. In this case, the All-Inclusive may not be a good option.
Who should consider All-Inclusive Resorts:
a) Families with kids and travelers on a tight budget.
b) Honeymooners or couples celebrating anniversaries that don’t want to be bothered with a bill c) every time they have a snack or a drink
d) Travelers that just want to relax on the beach all day and enjoy the sun
e) Spring Breakers and Party Travelers that want to drink all they can for free
If you have any questions, let me know and I will be more than happy to help out.
Types of All-Inclusive Resorts:
Weddings, Honeymooners and Couples:
Royal Hideaway Playacar - Riviera Maya, Mexico
Grand Velas - Riviera Maya, Mexico
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun - Riviera Maya, Mexico
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun - Riviera Maya, Mexico
Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita - Riviera Maya, Mexico
Zoëtry Casa Del Mar - Los Cabos, Mexico
Dreams Los Cabos - Los Cabos, Mexico
Sandals Grande St. Lucian – St. Lucia
Sandals Royal Bahamian – The Bahamas
Sandals Grande Antigua – Antigua
Paradisus Palma Real – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana - – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Galley Bay – Antigua
Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana – Punta Cana Dominican Republic
Secrets Wild Orchid – Montego Bay, Jamaica
Single Travelers and Spring Breakers:
Grand Oasis and Oasis Cancun – Cancun, Mexico
Riu Caribe – Cancun, Mexico
NH Krystal Cancun – Cancun Mexico
Arenas Blancas – Varadero, Cuba
Barcelo Solymar – Varadero, Cuba
Grand Paradise Bavaro – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Allegro Playa Dorada - Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Bahia Principe San Juan - Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Hedonism II – Negril, Jamaica
Hedonism III – Ocho Rios, Jamaica